Stressed & Distressed Property
We provide advice and act on behalf of clients, covering the following:
- Acquisition of stressed or distressed properties, portfolios and businesses
- Property portfolio cost reduction
- Real estate strategy for insolvency practitioners, both pre and post insolvency
- Disposal of freehold and leasehold assets
- Negotiating lease assignments following sale or purchase of businesses.
PHD offers a unique blend of property expertise and understanding of the restructuring and insolvency processes.
We assist lenders seeking to enforce and borrowers seeking to refinance. We work with insolvency practitioners to maximise value from businesses and assets. We advise purchasers acquiring stressed or distressed businesses.
A selection of the cases we’ve worked on include:
- The acquisitions of Cash Generator Ltd by Rcapital and Feather & Black by Hilding Anders
- Cost reduction for Mixed Radio and Vikoma
- Administrations of Countrywide Farmers PLC, Multiyork Furniture Ltd, Jones the Bootmaker Ltd, Warren Evans and Fresh to Stores Ltd.
We are ideally placed to advise clients on all sides of financially stressed or distressed situations, identifying and unlocking the inherent property opportunities and liabilities.